Tuesday, April 05, 2011

I was emoing at the atrium.
Just as I was about to head to the gym, I saw Jacob Ng.
He came over and said, "I was just thinking about you." (he's my DGL)
We had breakfast together.
He told me about his honeymoon and how he spent it briefly.
Talked to him about the holiday I had in HK. He went there too.
But we didn't bump into each other.

I was really inspired when he shared with me the things he did during the honeymoon.
Jacob and Yvonne(JY) talked ad prayed over the micro things that a married couple must manage.
Like finances, housing, having a baby and how God plays a part in his life.
He is a Godly friend. Really. He said it was foolish of them to over worry about finances.
Because at the end of parable of the rich man Jesus said,
the foolish man doesn't know that his life will be taken away from him tonight.
The riches that he saved could not be taken up with him.

And I saw how they did QT every morning separately for 30mins-1hour.
Seeking God. They know that God is the centre of their lives.
That the relationship with God is a must to keep even though they have a new phase of life together.

Then Jacob said to love a person wholeheartedly is more important than what you do for them.
It is a heart condition. Do you say you love God and that's why you show that you read the bible?
NO! it's because you love Jesus and it becomes a natural thing for you to do.
It's because you love and that's why there's nothing to boast about when you read the bible (this is an example)
Do you boast about how much you love your life that's why you drink water?
NO it's cus it's a natural thing for us to drink water and love life. There's nothing to boast about.
Thats really something for me to think about man...
That kind of love takes maturity and help from God. I pray for that kind of love.

Help me love God everyday and tell Him that each day was for Him.
Help me to do that Jesus.

No comments: