Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sometimes I see myself as superman, "I don't make mistakes" kind.
But I'm wrong, I do make mistakes.
I was taught from young that it is more important that I admit my mistakes.
More than anything else integrity.

I remember, when I was younger, mum would scold me for failing to apologise.
Then I'll say "sorry" and she would say, "don't say it if you don't mean it, you just say it for the sake of saying."
I will always go, "Mum! Why don't you believe me that I mean it?"
I actually I don't. I apologised in anger.
People can see if I was sincere.

I remember when I was in Sec 1.
I finally had the balls to own up and say,
"mum those times I shouted back at you with a guilt card, they were empty, I didn't mean it. I'm sorry I lied."
She would say, "Vier, you've grown up. You learn how to admit your mistakes even though you know the consequences. I forgive you."
That taught me a lot and it even taught me how to play poker.
Call the bluff only when I have a good hand, don't bluff the bluff.
It'll just backfire and cost me more.

Now I know how it feels to be in Mum's shoes.
Now I truly know my mum's struggles and pain.
Ah well this is life.
Although I know how it feels like to be wearing my mum's shoes,
I will often slip back into my old self and bluff the bluff.

So when you suspect I'm calling bluff with the bluff,
expose me and I will apologise.
This is my code of honor from young.

Xavier's life.

No comments: